Wellbeing Coaches Help Clients Stop Smoking
You can finally quit smoking with a coach specializing in the method you prefer
“Quitting smoking is easy. I’ve done it 50 times!” That’s the common quip used by smokers who just can’t seem to kick the habit. If you’re one of them, you’ve come to the right place. Our Wellbeing Coaches fully understand the flaws of conventional smoking cessation techniques and can provide the effective methods, holistic strategies and positive motivation you need to finally succeed. With the right coach of your choice, you’ll finally be able to call yourself an ex-smoker.
Recognizing the dilemma of smoking addiction
Smoking is a serious addiction with consequences for your health, appearance, and self-image. Cigarettes cost too much, and make you a social pariah. Every time you sneak out of the office or the restaurant to feed your addiction, you swear you are going to quit. This time for sure. Time and again you have tried to quit, using every conventional method:
- Cold turkey
- Cessation drugs
- Nicotine gum
- Nicotine patch
- Electronic cigarettes
But none of these methods worked, and their failure only made you feel like a failure. Still, you know that continuing to smoke is not an option!
Why do conventional smoking cessation methods fail?
If you’ve tried to quit smoking to no avail, the fault isn’t with you, but with these conventional methods that simply don’t work for the vast majority of smokers. Quitting cold turkey doesn’t work because of the simple, medical fact that smoking is an addiction. Cessation drugs, such as Chantix, block nicotine receptors in the brain to reduce cravings, but also block natural dopamine and serotonin production, creating stressful and even dangerous side-effects. Another popular drug, Zyban, is an antidepressant with various side-effects, such as are agitation, insomnia, headaches, nausea, constipation, and tremors. Some users even experience seizures. Nicotine patches and gum help people quit in the short term, but do nothing to prevent relapse later on for a significant portion of users. Users of E-cigs replace tobacco smoke, but keep all the ritual behaviors of smoking.
Each of these methods is fundamentally flawed, so what’s the real answer?
Certified coaches provide guidance, motivation, and proven techniques
When you select a Certified Wellbeing Coach™ to help you stop smoking, you can choose someone who uses an approach that makes sense to you. Elements in a smoking cessation plan can include:
- Behavioral modification – Besides the physical/chemical addiction, smoking is a combination of habitual behaviors. Learning new behaviors in response to cravings or emotional triggers can help you break the chains of dependency.
- Counseling – Talking about your smoking addiction and your desire to change has positive benefits and keeps you on the track to success.
- Exercise – A beneficial workout regimen can release endorphins leading to natural relaxation that lessens cravings. Enjoying physical activity and toning up your body can incentivize you to continue with your program.
- Hypnosis – Hypnotherapy can help you discover the root cause of your addiction and make changes in your mindset and behavior.
- Neural Linguistic Programming – Also known as waking hypnosis, NLP can help release you from negative patterns of thought.
- Nutrition – Changes to your diet can improve your health, alleviating problems such as high blood pressure, hypoglycemia, insomnia, and food allergies that can exacerbate cravings.
Wellbeing Coaches allows you to select from a number of highly qualified coaches employing an approach that makes sense to you. If you think it’s time you had success quitting, now is the time to pick a coach.
Get started on your plan to stop smoking today
There will never be a better time to take the most important step towards better health. Wellbeing Coaches provide motivation and effective methods for you to quit smoking. Contact one today.